Want to have a slice of not-so-guilty cheesecake? Why not try this Soya Tofu Cheesecake!
Most will associates cheesecakes with the words 'sinful' and 'fattening'. However, I found Piece of Cake's post on Tofu and Soya Bean Cheesecake very refreshing and decided to give it a try.
I've adapted from her recipe here, replacing the chiffon layer with a base layer of crushed digestive biscuits mixed with melted butter, and topped this base layer with the soya tofu cheese layer. This cake is light and healthy. The addition of soya bean powder also gave it another depth of flavour. I certainly do not feel guilty eating this!
This non-baked cheesecake and is really easy to make. Do try it!
Soya Tofu Cheesecake (Non-baked)
makes a 8 x 8 inch square cake
For the Base
150g digestive biscuits, crushed into fine crumbs
30g soya bean powder
70g melted butter
1. Mix biscuit crumbs, soya bean powder & melted butter together and press firmly with the help of the back of a spoon onto the base of the cake tin.
2. Chill for 30 minutes.
For the Cheese Layer
250g cream cheese, softened at room temperature
250g smooth silken tofu
50g yogurt (I used Meiji's yogurt with aloe vera)
30g soya bean powder
50g dairy whipping cream
100g soya bean milk
1. Double boil soya bean milk and gelatine over a water bath till the gelatine is completely dissolved. Set aside.
2. Whip the dairy whipping cream till stiff and set aside in refrigerator.
3. With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add in tofu, yogurt and soya bean powder and beat until well mixed.
4. Add in the whipped cream and gelatine to the tofu cheese mixture and mix well.
Some soya bean powder and/or matcha powder for decoration
1. Pour the cheese mixture into of the cake tin and level the top.
2. Chill for at least 3 - 4 hours or overnight for the tofu cheese layer to set.
3. To serve, sprinkle some soya bean powder and matcha powder (optional) on top of the cake.
Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.