Monday 28 July 2014

Oreo Cheesecake Cuppies (Non-baked)


恭祝你福壽與天齊
慶賀你生辰快樂
年年都有今日
歲歲都有今朝
恭喜你 恭~喜~你~~

Happy Birthday to me! Made this simple and easy non-baked Oreo Cheesecake Cuppies for myself. :))

I kind of 'agar agar' the amount of ingredients for this. I've previously made non-baked chilled cheesecakes and tarts. This is the first time I'm making it as a cupcake.

For support and to hold its shape, I put the cupcake liners into cupcake moulds like I did for the Steamed Cheddar Cheesecake Cuppies made previously.
Putting cupcake liners into this mould for support and to hold its shape
Some of the star ingredients
Preparing the base crust
I initially planned to have it all in the form of cupcakes, but changed my mind after scooping the crushed digestive biscuit mixture into the first few cupcake liners. Instead, I decided to make a 6" round cheese tart and the balance into cupcakes. I basically halved the ingredients prepared for the crust and filling for the tart and the other half for the cupcakes. Thankfully my estimation was relatively correct. Phew!! Only thing was blur me forgot to replenish gelatine powder. It was aready late at night and the supermarket has already closed.  I decided to just proceed without this ingredient and prayed that the whipped cream and lemon juice added will be enough to help set the cheesecake.  
Decided to make both a 6" tart and cuppies
Whipping cream whipped to stiff peaks
Fold in whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture
Mix in roughly crushed oreo cookies
Scoop cheese batter into cupcake liners and level top of the cheesecake
My Oreo Cheesecakes Cuppies and Tart after chilling in the fridge ovenight
I'm ever so thankful...the cheesecake was able to hold its shape when I unmould (though it starts to soften a little after it's out of the fridge in my hot, hot house after a while). But as long as it's served immediately out of the fridge, I think it will be fine.

Darling hubby and daughter gave thumbs up. It is soft, creamy and the addition of lemon juice helped to add tartness and depth to the taste! Love it!
Voila! My mini birthday cake!

Oreo Cheesecake Cuppies (Non-baked)
makes a 6" round tart and 9 cuppies (to make only a 6" round tart or 9 cuppies, just half the recipe)

For the Base Crust
Ingredients:
100g digestive biscuits, crushed into fine crumbs
80g melted butter

Method:
1. Mix biscuit crumbs and melted butter together and press firmly with the help of the back of a spoon onto the base of the tart pan and cupcake liners.

2. Chill for 30 minutes.

For the Cheese Fillings
Ingredients:
250g cream cheese, softened at room temperature
50g sugar
240g dairy whipping cream
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
8 oreo cookies (with cream), roughly crushed

Method:
1. Whip the dairy whipping cream till stiff and set aside in refrigerator.

2. With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add in lemon juice and vanilla extract and continue to beat until well mixed.

3. Fold in the whipped cream to the cheese mixture and mix well.

4. Mix in the crushed oreo cookies and lightly stir to combine.

Assembly
Additional Ingredients:
7 oreo cookies, finely crushed (without cream)

Method:
1. Scoop the cheese batter into the prepared tart pan and cupcake liners. Smoothen and level the top.

2. Chill overnight for cheese filling to set.

3. To serve, sprinkle some finely crushed oreo cookies (without cream) on top of the cheesecake.

4. Serve chilled.

Bon Appetit!!

Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.

4 comments:

  1. your birthday? aw... you are not alone.. happy birthday to you too!! and isn't it a wonderful feeling to bake a cake for yourself? enjoy this day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vic. Had a really enjoyable day and counting my blessings for having loved ones spending this day with me. 😃

      Delete
  2. Sis, can see that you had an enjoyable day spent with R and F! I love all sorts of cheesecake..this oreo cupcake one has been in my to do list for long. Haven't thought of what to bake for my birthday this week, really busy over the long weekend, maybe I should do a cheesecake too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, had a great time. :) First time I went Alkaff. I thought R was bringing us to Jaimie's Italian when he said the theme was Italian. Lol!
      I left out the gelatine powder 'cos ran out of it and the shops were all closed by then (already past 11pm). Thankfully still ok. Think the whipped cream and lemon juice helped.
      Yours next! :))

      Delete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...