This is a special post for the folks at NUTS. When I heard about their almond project, I was thrilled! Not only is almond one of my favourite food, it also packs load of benefits and sharing its benefits and the various ways to eat this healthy nut is my small way to help create awareness of this wonder food.
Almond gives you energy and are packed with protein, vitamins, minerals and fiber. Here are some of the health benefits :
- Lower cholesterol
- Reduce blood sugar levels
- Heart-loving antioxidant powers
- Provide healthy fats and help in weight control
- Reduce heart attack risk
- Protect artery walls from damage
- Help build strong bones and teeeth
- Help provide good brain function
- Nourish the nervous system
- Help alkalize the body
Source from here and here
Almond is one of my favourite food and other than eating it raw, I've also used it in other almond recipes as the images below. You can click here for the recipes.
I bought a pack of raw almonds recently and made a really delectable snack - Roasted Almond - out of it. Here is my sharing how easily this is done, and you can munch on this snack any time of the day!!
recipe from Miki's Food Archives
(note : I used 1/3 of the recipe below)
300g raw almond
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg white
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a preheated oven at 170C, Place almond on a lined baking tray well spread in a single layer. (I baked at 160C)
2. Bake for 4 minutes on the middle rack. Remove from oven and give the almond a quick stir.
3. Bake for another 4 minutes on the middle rack. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
4. In a large bowl, combine sugar and salt. Mix in egg white and vanilla extract. Stir well.
5. Stir in almond and ensure the almonds are well coated with the sugar-egg white mixture.
6. Transfer almond onto the lined baking tray.
7. Bake at 160C on the middle rack for about 30 minutes.
8. Turn off the heat. Let it stand in the oven till dry.
9. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack completely before storing in an air tight container.
Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.
Post a Comment