I've used my Zojiroshi bread maker's 'Jam' function previously to make myself some Homemade Kaya. This time I've done another batch using gula melaka for that rustic flavour.
Loving how easy the whole process was as the tiresome job of stirring for more than 1 hour was all done by the bread maker.
The aroma in the house was just out of the world!
makes 4 jam containers
400ml coconut milk (I used ayam brand)
110g gula melaka
10 stalks Pandan leaves (bundled into a knot)
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs lightly using a hand whisk. Set aside.
2. Place pandan leaves and the sugars into the bread maker pan.
3. Add in the coconut milk.
4. Add in the whisked eggs.
5. Select the 'Jam' function and let the bread maker perform the job. (My bread maker took 1 hour 20 minutes)
The kaya mixture will thicken up.
6. When the whole process is completed, the bread maker will make a beep sound. Remove pan with a glove from the bread maker as it is still not.
7. Discard the pandan leaves and pour the kaya into a food processor and blend till smooth. (For me, I pour the kaya into a pot and blend with hand blender until smooth and creamy.)
8. Pour the blended kaya into a clean container. Let cool completely before putting into the refrigerator. (As the kaya is free of preservative and contains coconut milk, it is best consumed within 3-4 days.)
Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.
You made an article that is interesting.You are so amazing.ReplyDelete