I'm trying out a recipe from Ricenflour since I've been hearing so much about Hokkaido bread.
You will like to try this if you like rich and milky flavour bread.
Hokkaido Milk Loaf
makes 1 loaf
adapted from Rice & flour
75ml whipping cream
25g egg (half an egg)
270g bread flour
30g cake flour
15g milk powder
5g instant yeast
1. Place all ingredients into the pan based on the sequence listed above or by following your breadmaker manufacturers' instructions regarding the order of liquid/dry ingredients.
(I'm using Zojirushi breadmaker. I placed all the wet ingredients first, followed by the dry ingredients. Make a dent at the centre of the flour and pour the yeast in the dent last, making sure the yeast does not touch the liquid, sugar and salt.)
(For my Zojirushi breadmaker, I chose the 'Cookie/Pasta Dough')
3. Press start and the machine will start kneading the dough. The machine will beep after a few minutes. Press start to continue kneading.
4. After the machine has finished its course of kneading under 'Pasta Dough' setting, make the selection for 'Dough' setting.
5. Press start and the machine will start kneading the dough after resting for 15 minutes.
6. Let the breadmaker do the rest.
7. When the bread dough is proofed, the machine will beep to signal the end of the 'Dough' function. Remove dough from the pan, punch it down and divide into 3 portions.
8. Roll up each portion and place in the pullman tin. Proof for 40 minutes with lid on until the dough rises to about 90% of the tin. (My pullman tin is San Neng brand SN2052, 196 x 106 x 110mm)
9. Bake in preheated oven at 200ºC for 40 minutes.
10. When the bread is done, remove the bread from the tin immediately and let it cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.