If you like chocolate or nutella, Hi 5!
I have some nutella that I want to use up and I decided to make a Nutella Chiffon Cake.
You can never go wrong with chocolate and nutella. They are super forgiving ingredients. As long as you have them as your ingredients, the result is usually god-sent.
I'm trying out Table for 2...or more's recipe for this cake as her recipe does not call for any additional butter, oil or sugar as these are already in the nutella itself...cool, right?
I didn't reduce the milk content as mentioned by Wendy and the cake was slightly on the moist side, but my family is okay with it. We love the cake and the nutella taste is really distinct.
This is what my girl has to say :
|Thumbs up from my girl!|
Nutella Chiffon Cake
Recipe from Table from 2...or more
makes a 22 or 25 chiffon cake
100g hot milk
80g cake flour, sifted
5 egg yolks
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
5 egg whites
1. Melt nutella with hot milk and stir until smooth. Let it cool down.
2. Preheat oven to 180C. Prepare a 22 or 25cm chiffon pan. Do not grease.
3. When the nutella mixture has cooled down, mix with egg yolks, flour and vanilla extract until it becomes a smooth batter.
4. In a clean bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks and gradually add in sugar and beat until stiff.
5. Put 1/4 of the egg whites into the nutella batter, with quick and gentle stroke, fold the batter. Repeat with another 1/4 of the egg whites.
6. Pour the nutella batter into the egg whites, scrape the nutella batter bowl clean and fold the final batter until no streaks of egg whites are seen.
7. Bake the cake for 50 minutes or until done.
8. Remove from oven immediately, and cool it upside down. (To check if the cake is done by piercing a skewer through it. The skewer should come out clean.)
9. When cake has cooled down completely, run a paring knife between the cake and the sides of the pan to separate it from the tin. Unmould the cake and slice to serve. Keep cake air covered to prevent drying out.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up organised by Bake for Happy Kids and My Little Favourite DIY, and hosted by Diana from the Domestic Goddess Wannabe
Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.