Monday 18 August 2014

Champion Carrot Walnut Loaf (Oven-baked in a Pullman tin)


I'm so glad I've invested in my Zojiroshi breadmaker. I've never imagined baking bread before owning one, not even mentioning how easy and fuss-free it is. Whenever I'm feeling lazy, I will just put all the ingredients in my breadmaker and let it do its wonders.

After my first bake of Wu Bao Chun's (吴宝春) Champion Bread Loaf using the breadmaker, I've been baking different variation with this 'Champion' recipe using the breadmaker to bake or just to knead/proof but oven-baked in a Pullman tin as the bread continued to stay soft and fluffy on the 2nd day . If you want to bake your bread in the breadmaker, I've made some notes in red in my recipe below. I will do this especially when I feel lazy and just want to let my trusted breadmaker do everything.

So far I've posted my bread variations for the Champion Sweet Potato Bread (Oven-baked in a Pullman tin) and Champion Pumpkin Loaf (Oven-baked in a Pullman tin).

 Champion Sweet Potato Bread
Champion Sweet Potato Bread
 Champion Pumpkin Loaf
Champion Pumpkin Loaf
This time round, I would like to share another variation of this Champion loaf where I added grated carrots and chopped walnuts to bake a Carrot Walnut Bread.




Champion Carrot Walnut Loaf (Oven-baked in a Pullman tin)
refer to my notes in red if baking bread using breadmaker
Ingredients:
198g Milk
300g Bread flour
24g Sugar
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Instant yeast
15g Unsalted butter
50g Chopped walnut (added when machine beeps during the 'Dough' setting')
50g Grated carrot (added when machine beeps during the 'Dough' setting')

Method:
1. Place all ingredients into the pan except butter based on the sequence listed above or by following your breadmaker manufacturers' instructions regarding the order of liquid/dry ingredients.
(I'm using Zojirushi breadmaker. I placed all the wet ingredients first, followed by the dry ingredients. Make a dent at the centre of the flour and pour the yeast in the dent last, making sure the yeast does not touch the liquid, sugar and salt.)

2. Make the selection for 'Pasta Dough' setting on your breadmaker.
(For my Zojirushi breadmaker, I chose the 'Cookie/Pasta Dough')

3. Press start and the machine will start kneading the dough. The machine will beep after a few minutes. Press start to continue kneading.

4. After the machine has finished its course of kneading under 'Pasta Dough' setting, make the selection for 'Dough' setting. (For baking bread in the breadmaker, I will select 'Soft' mode selection.)

5. Press start and the machine will start kneading the dough after resting for 15 minutes. Add in the butter during this resting stage.

6. When the machine beeps, add in the grated carrot and chopped walnut.
(For Zojirushi, it will beep near the end of the kneading cycle for adding these ingredients.)

7. Let the breadmaker do the rest. (For baking bread in the breadmaker, the bread will be ready in about 3 hours for 'Soft' mode selection. Skip to step 11.)

8. When the bread dough is proofed, the machine will beep to signal the end of the 'Dough' function. Remove dough from the pan, punch it down and divide into 3 portions.

9. Roll up each portion and place in the pullman tin. Proof for 40 minutes with lid on until the dough rises to about 90% of the tin. (My pullman tin is San Neng brand SN2052, 196 x 106 x 110mm)

10. Bake in preheated oven at 200ºC for 40 minutes.

11. When the bread is done, remove the bread from the tin immediately and let it cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.



This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up organised by Bake for Happy Kids and My Little Favourite DIY, and hosted by Diana from the Domestic Goddess Wannabe
Photobucket

I am also submitting this post to YeastSpotting.

Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.

8 comments:

  1. This WPC's champion loaf is so versatile that we can make variations out of it, it's my favourite straight dough recipe now. Don't we simply love our breadmaker for its convenience? ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't agree more. There are some bread recipes that I've bookmarked to try out but yet to do so...always come back to WPC's champion loaf to make different variation instead. Having wild idea to add blueberries in it but that has to wait till weekends. :))

      Delete
    2. Hee hee...same here... bake a chia seed WPC loaf just now for tomorrow's breakfast. I have tried adding blueberry jam to my bm loaf before and it turn out nice, I am sure if you try with fresh blueberries, it will be even nicer! :)

      Delete
  2. very nice "twist" ad playing of ingredients... i love to try this

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really nice looking loaf, LY. What is the capacity of your BM? can I cut that loaf into 10 slices?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana,
      My BM is a Zoji mini BM and according to the specs, it makes a 1 pound loaf. I get about 8-9 slices of bread from it.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much LY!! I am looking for a BM that can make a bigger loaf. So I don't have to make it twice a day! I will go take a look at this one. Many thanks again!

      Delete
    3. Hi Diana,
      The Zoji BM I'm using is actually considered rather compact. If you want a BM with a bigger capacity, you can consider Kenwood. I know Kenwood BM250 can bake a big loaf (750g). :)

      Delete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...