Wednesday 15 April 2015

Fried Kway Teow


I was craving for one of my favourite local hawker food - Fried Kway Teow and decided to whip this up in my kitchen by adapting the quick and easy Fried Bee Thye Mak recipe with whatever ingredients I could find in my fridge.


My craving was satisfied in no time as this dish was really easy to cook. It's only a pity I do not have any lard oil or crispy lard cubes to throw into the dish!! Otherwise, thumbs up!


Fried Kway Teow
serves 4

Ingredients:
1 packet kway teow (400g)
6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 fish cake, thinly sliced
1 lup cheong, sliced thinly
100g bean sprouts, washed and drained
3 stalks chinese chives or koo chye, chopped into 1-2 inches (I omitted)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tbspn oil
2 tbspn dark soy sauce
3-4 tbspn sweet sauce
1 1/2 tsp fish sauce (鱼露) 
Sambal chilli (I omitted)

Method:
1. Heat oil in a pot/wok. Add in garlic and stir fry till fragrant.


2. Stir in lup cheong, then stir in sliced fish cake and kway teow.


3. Add in the dark soy sauce, fish sauce, sambal chilli and sweet sauce and stir fry over high heat till all are well mixed.

4. Add bean sprouts and chives and stir fry quickly to give it a good mix.

5. Pour in beaten egg and give it a good stir till egg is dry and well mixed.


6. Serve hot.




Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...