Yes, I love the combination of coconut and almond and here is another cookie that I've experimented using these two ingredients...Coconut Almond Cookies.
Unlike the melt-in-the-mouth butter cookies, this cookie is crunchier. As I only made a small batch, my girl 'choped' these bite-sized cookies for herself. :)
80g unsalted butter, room temperature
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 drop almond essence (optional)
100g plain flour, sieved
25g almond meal
35g coconut cream powder
1. Beat butter and sugar till creamy.
2. Add lightly beaten egg and almond essence and beat till well combined.
3. Add in the flour, coconut cream powder and almond meal into the egg batter.
4, With light and quick motion, fold in the flour using a spatula. Do not overmix.
5. Scoop the cookie batter into piping bag. (I'm using 1M Wilton open star tip)
6. Pipe cookie batter onto lined baking tray.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 30 minutes.
8. When done, remove from oven and let cool on wire rack completely before storing in an air tight container.
Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.