This cookie is in my to-do list for the longest time. I have saved the recipe on my phone and have finally gotten down to making a small batch at last.
If you are a cheese lover like me, you will love the intense flavour of parmesan cheese in this butter cookie.
Parmesan Cheese Butter Cookies
makes 25 cookies
recipe from here
For the dough
60g unsalted butter, room temperature
20g caster sugar
50g parmesan cheese, finely grated like powder
75g plain flour
5g corn flour
Extra flour for dusting and extra parmesan cheese powder to sprinkle if desired
For the egg wash:
1 egg yolk
1 tsp milk
1. Beat butter and sugar till fluffy and well combined.
2. Add in parmesan cheese powder and mix till well incorporated.
3. Sift in plain flour and corn flour and fold into the butter mixture gently with a spatula till a pliable dough is formed. (Do not overmix the dough)
4. Wrap dough in a cling film and let it rest at room temperature for around 30 minutes.
5. Roll out the dough to around 4mm thickness on a slightly floured table-top.
6. Cut out to desired design using cookie cutter and place the cookie onto a lined baking tray.
7. Brush cookies with egg wash and sprinkle cheese powder on top. (I omitted)
8. Bake cookie for 10-12 min or until golden brown and crisp in preheated oven at 170C.
9. When done, remove baking tray from oven and allow the cookies to cool slightly on the baking tray for 10-15 min before transferring cookies to wire rack to cool completely before storing in an air-tight container.
Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.