This has been on my to-do list for the longest time. I'm finally making this really Hearty Mushroom Soup for the family to enjoy.
This soup is a very wholesome soup that you can have on its own with some bread or to go with your meal.
Hearty Mushroom Soup
200g sliced button mushrooms
3 potatoes, peeled and roughly cut
1 large onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, diced
Mushroom powder, to taste
Salt and pepper, to taste
Water, enough to submerge all the ingredients
Whipping cream, to taste
2 tbspn oil for frying
1. Boil the potatoes till softened. Drain away the water and set aside.
2. In a pot, add oil. Add diced onion and fry till fragrant. Add in diced garlic a few fry till fragrant. Add in mushroom powder (I added about 3 tsp) and pepper and give it a good mix.
3. Stir in the sliced mushrooms.
4. Add in the potatoes and give it a good stir.
5. Add in water till all the ingredients are submerged and let it simmer for about 15 minutes.
6. Using a hand blender, blend all till it's well pureed. (If you prefer a soup with more texture, do not blend for too long)
7. Add in cream to achieve richness desired. Add in mushroom powder and pepper, to taste.
8. Serve warm.
Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.
Post a Comment