If you love Oreo and melt-in-the-mouth cookies, then you love this Melt-in-the-Mouth Oreo German Cookies. I call it the 'Biscuit in a Cookie'. Lol!
I've previously made the original and matcha versions of german cookies found here. I've not thought of adding in Oreo biscuits until I saw Victoria's post here.
This is very well received by my family and friends. This is a definite addition to any special occasion and is sure to please!
Melt-in-the-Mouth Oreo German Cookies
makes 30 cookies
125g cold butter, cubed
35g icing sugar, sifted
1 tsp vanilla extract
125g potato starch
80g cake flour
50g oreo biscuits (filling removed)
1. Place potato starch, cake flour and oreo biscuits into the food processor. Blend together until fine. Set aside.
2. Cream butter and icing sugar till creamy. Add in vanilla extract and mix well.
4. Add in blended oreo-flour mixture and fold into creamed butter using a spatula till there is no traces of flour. Do not overmix.
5. Shape dough into balls (I rolled to about 3cm size) and place on lined baking tray. (If the dough is sticky, chill before shaping)
6. Use a fork to create patterns on the cookie dough. Chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 160C for 30 minutes.
8. When done, let cool on wire rack completely before storing in airtight container.
Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.