Tuesday 9 January 2018

Melt-in-the-Mouth German Cookies


I was trying to look for the Melt-in-the-Mouth German Cookies I made several years back and realised I've not included the recipe in my blog.

So I referred to Happy Home Baking's blog again to search for this recipe. Her blog was among the first few blogs that I referred to when I first picked up baking again after a long hiatus.

For this recipe, I did exactly what was done in the blog - half the dough. Half for the original version and added 1 tsp matcha powder to the other half of the dough to make a matcha version of the German Cookies.


As the saying goes, good things always comes in pairs. This is definitely one of those!



Melt-in-the-Mouth German Cookies
recipe adapted from Happy Home Baking
makes 50 cookies

Ingredients:
125g cold butter, cubed
40g icing sugar, sifted
1 tsp vanilla extract
125g potato starch
80g cake flour

Method:
1. Mix the potato starch and cake flour together. Set aside.


2. Cream butter and icing sugar till creamy. Add in vanilla extract and mix well.




3. Add in flour mixture and fold into creamed butter using a spatula till there is no traces of flour. Do not overmix. (I divided the dough into half and added 1 tsp matcha powder to half of the dough to have 2 'flavours' of german cookies)







4. Shape dough into balls (I rolled to about 2cm size) and place on lined baking tray. (If the dough is sticky, chill before shaping)



5. Use a fork to create patterns on the cookie dough. Chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes.





6. Bake in preheated oven at 160C for 30 minutes.

7. When done, let cool on wire rack completely before storing in airtight container.





Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.




1 comment:

  1. 看到这些饼干,感觉新年就快到咯!嘻嘻 。。。

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...