Brownies without any oil or butter added? This definitely intrigued me. And I know for sure I'm so going to bake this for myself in July!
And so I did.
It didn't disappoint.
Moist, soft and chocolatey...here's presenting my birthday cake -- Avocado Brownies..
Other than satisfying my chocolate cravings, we are also getting loads of health benefit from Avocados.
Known also as an alligator pear or butter fruit, avocado is a stone fruit with a creamy and buttery texture. Avocado provides loads of healthy mono-unsaturated fatty acids and is a naturally nutrient-dense food that contains many vitamins and minerals.
So with this wonder 'butter fruit' is the answer to why there is no need to add oil or butter into the making of this delectable and heavenly brownie.
Forget about the waistlines...this brownie sure goes well with a scoop of ice-cream anytime!
Happy Birthday to the July babe!
makes a 8" square pan
1 large ripe avocado
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
90g plain flour
25g unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1. Sieve flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
2. Cut avocado into two and scrap out the avocado meat.
3. Put the avocado meat, honey, eggs and vanilla extract into a blender and give it a good blitz until well blended.
5. Using a spatula, give it a quick mix till just incorporated.
6. Pour batter into a lined 8" square pan and bake in preheated oven at 180C for 25 minutes.
7. When done, remove from oven and let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.