This is yet another loaf cake I've made for this holiday season. I've added Chobani Greek yogurt to give it the extra moistness that I love like the pound cake here and sprinkled sugar on top of the batter like the Madeira Cake I baked for the crusty top.
I especially love how the blueberries burst in the mouth while you hear the crunch of the crusty sugary top.
Bake a loaf of this wonderfully moist berry cake and fall in love with the seasons...
Blueberry Greek Yogurt Loaf
makes a 8" x 3.5" x 3" loaf tin
240g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
100g unsalted butter, melted
Zest and juice of 1 small lemon
1 cup plain Chobani Greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup blueberries
Some sugar for sprinkling (optional)
1. Melt butter. Set aside to cool.
2. Preheat oven to 180C.
3. Line loaf tin with baking paper. Set aside.
4. Sieve flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add in salt and sugar and mix well. Set aside.
5. Collect the zest and juice of 1 small lemon.
6. Add in Greek yogurt to the lemon juice and stir well. Stir in vanilla extract.
7. Pour the yogurt-lemon mixture to the melted butter. Add in 2 lightly beaten eggs. Stir well.
8. Pour in the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix till well blended.
9. Add in blueberries. Gently fold in the blueberries with a spatula.
10. Pour the batter into the lined loaf tin.
11. Sprinkle some sugar on top of the cake batter is desired.
12. Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 55 minutes.
13. Remove from oven and cool cake in the loaf tin on a wire rack till completely cooled.
Chobani Yogurt is available at Cold Storage, NTUC Finest and FairPrice Xtra.
Disclaimer : This is not a paid post. LY's Kitchen Ventures is given some Chobani Yogurt to sample and try out recipes.
This post is linked to Cook and Celebrate Christmas 2015 Organized by Yen from GoodyFoodies, Diana from The Domestic Goddess Wannabe and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids.
Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.