This is a dish that I've first tried at the famous Geylang coffeshop that sells Kung Pao Frog Legs Porridge and fell in love with it ever since.
I've bought a packet of bull frog legs from an online seller (U Fresh Deals) and whipped up this dish using Lee Kum Kee's Kung Pao paste for a hearty lunch.
Kung Pao Frog Legs (宫煲田鸡)
serves 3-4 persons
12-13 large frog legs, washed
1 packet kung pao paste
10-12 dried chilli, seeded and steeped
1/2 cup water
Some cut spring onions
1. Heat oil and add in frog legs and mix well.
2. Let it cook for about 4-5 minutes before adding in the kung pau sauce and dried chilli. Mix well.
3. Add about 1/2 cup water and stir well. Cover with lid and let simmer.
4. Open lid, add in spring onions and stir well and let the sauce thicken.
5. Serve with plain rice or porridge.
Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.