Saturday 19 June 2021

Fudgy Brownies

 

I baked a tray of fudgy brownie a few weeks back after the passing of my aunt. She had a big influence over my interest in baking as I used to watch her bake when I was much younger. 

I'll always remember how my cousins and I would be her 'helpers' whenever it was time to make Lunar New Year goodies. We were most happy to 'lap up' any broken pieces of cookies then. :) 


This fudgy brownie recipe shared generously by an avid baker (Barry Apek) is a must try.

The addition of raisins gave the brownie a 'rum-like' bite, so I would highly recommend the inclusion unless you are not a fan of raisins. 


I'm dedicating this bake to my aunt Honey...


Fudgy Brownies
recipe adapted from Barry Apek 

makes a 11"x7" brownie pan


Ingredients:
Part A
200g unsalted butter
240g chocolate (I used dark chocolate)

Part B
5 large eggs
240g brown sugar
2.5 tsp vanilla extract

Part C
80g plain flour, sieved
50g cocoa powder, sieved
180g cranberries/raisins, soaked in 2 tbspn rum (I used raisins and omitted the rum)
Chocolate chunks for topping (I used oreo cookies, cream removed and walnuts for topping)

Method:

1. Melt butter and chocolate by double boiling. Set aside.



2. Beat eggs, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until well mixed. 


3. Add in cooled chocolate mixture into the egg-sugar mixture and beat till fluffy.  


4. Fold in flour, cocoa powder and raisins till incorporated. (Do not overmix)



5. Pour the brownie batter into a 11" x 7" brownie pan and add in your preferred topping onto the brownie batter. 






6. Bake in preheated oven at 170C for 35 minutes or when a skewer inserted comes out with sticky crumbs.





Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...