I first tried this Hakka dish many years back at my good friend's place during Chinese New Year. Her mom, who's a fantastic cook, prepared this dish for us. It was lapped up in no time because it was just so full of flavour!
I served this humble dish to my family and it received thumbs up especially from my daughter. It's definitely a dish that is small on presentation but BIG on Flavour!
So Dawn, this is dedicated to your mom. Thank you for introducing me to such a wonderful dish!
Steamed White Radish Meatballs
400g shredded white radish
300g minced meat
8 cloves garlic, chopped
40g dried cuttlefish, cut (I omitted)
50g dried shrimp. chopped
100g tapioca starch
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp mushroom powder
some cooking oil
1. Shred white radish and squeeze out as much water as possible. Set aside.
2. Heat some oil in a cooking pot. Add chopped garlic and dried shrimp and fry till fragrant.
3. Add in shredded white radish, salt, sugar and mushroom powder and mix well. Fry till the radish is half cooked. Turn off the heat.
4. Add in half of the tapioca starch. Mix well and let the heat in the radish cook the tapioca flour.
5. Add in the other half of the tapioca flour and minced meat and continue to mix until well incorporated.
6. Use spoon to scoop into balls and place on steaming plate. Steam on high for 20 minutes.
Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.