I'm trying to use up the ripened bananas in my house and came up with the idea to add in walnuts to make a Banana Walnut Chiffon Cake!
This chiffon cake is sure to please as it is such a light and fragrant cake to enjoy!
Banana Walnut Chiffon Cake
makes a 23cm tube pan
6 egg yolks
60g oil (I used Medella's Organic Premium Coconut Cooking Oil)
200g ripened banana, mashed
50g walnuts, roughly chopped
1/2 tsp vanilla extract110g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking soda
6 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1. Sieve cake flour, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
3. Mash the bananas and set aside. (I mashed the bananas in a plastic bag so as to minimize oxidation)
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar until light and fluffy.
7 Add in the sifted flour mixture and whisk till smooth.
9. To make the meringue, beat egg whites in a clean bowl till foamy. Add cream of tartar and continue to beat till soft peaks form. Add sugar and continue to beat at high speed till stiff peaks form.
10. Add 1/3 of the meringue into the yolk batter and mix with a whisk.
11. Add another 1/3 of the meringue into the batter and mix with a whisk.
12. Then add in the balance 1/3 of the meringue and gently fold the meringue into the cake batter until well blended.
13. Pour the batter into an ungreased 9" (23cm) chiffon pan and bake in preheated oven at 160C for 60 minutes.
14. When cake is done, remove cake from oven and let cool inverted completely before unmolding.
When the cake has cooled down completely, run a paring knife between the cake and the sides of the pan to separate it from the chiffon pan. Unmold the cake and slice to serve. Keep cake covered to prevent from drying out.
Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.
I tried so many recipes on banana chiffon cake and I must say that yours is the best recipe I have tried so far. I've done it twice and the result is always the same, soft, moist, fluffy and a sweetness that is just oh so right! Thank you so much!ReplyDelete
Thanks and happy to know tat you are enjoying your wonderful bakes too!