I learnt this easy one-pot dish from MediaCorp's Channel 8 variety show "What's In the Fridge - Ep 5" recently. This is another easy and fuss-free one-pot dish that I so love, and I'm sure many busy mothers will love as well.
This is one dish that goes well with a bowl of steaming hot rice, and has received good reviews and thumbs up from my family.
You have to try it to believe it.
Soy bean paste (I used 6 tbspn)
600g chicken (I used mid joint wing and drumsticks)
some water (I added till about to cover the chicken)
15 quail eggs, cooked and de-shelled
8 button mushrooms, stub removed (I used mini portobello mushroom)3 bulbs of garlic, skin removed
1 red bell pepper, cut into smaller cubes (can also use green or yellow bell pepper)
some sugar (to taste)
1. In a non-stick pot, add in the soy bean paste. Turn heat on.
2. Add in chicken and stir to give it a good mix.
3. Cover lid and let chicken cook till half cooked. Add water and give a good stir.
4. Add garlic bulbs and mushroom. Cover lid and let it simmer till chicken is cooked.
5. Add quail eggs and mix well. Do a taste test and add sugar if desired.
6. Add red bell pepper and give a good stir.
7. Best served with a bowl of rice.
Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.
If cannot eat mushroom and bell pepper, what other vege can i put in to cook?ReplyDelete
Hi Michelle, you can add in any other ingredients you prefer like firm tofu, etc.Delete