The Durian Butter Cake was very well received by my family and relatives. I went on to adapt the recipe to bake a Mango Butter Cake since mango is another favourite fruit of mine.
Unlike the durian cake which was very moist due to the overdose of durian (Lol!), this mango cake is drier as I've chosen to add dried mango instead of fresh mango. I will use fresh mango the next round, but this will do now to satisfy my cravings.
Mango Butter Cake
makes a 8" round cake
250g self raising flour, sifted
1 tsp vanilla extract
50ml fresh milk
250g dried mango, chopped
1. Preheat oven at 200ºC.
2. Grease a 8" round pan.
3. In a mixer, cream butter and sugar on medium speed till white and fluffy.
4. Beat in eggs, one at a time and add vanilla extract.
5. Fold in half the sifted flour with a spatula, followed by milk and then the remaning flour.
6. Fold in the dried mango.
7. Ensure batter is of dropping consistency.
8. Pour batter into prepared pan.
9. Bake for 45 min or until skewer inserted comes out clean.
10. Remove cake from the oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
1. Use good quality butter.
2. Allow cake to cool completely before cutting.
Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.