Thursday 3 July 2014

Chocolate Walnut Cookies


My ex-colleague used to bring her bakes to the office to share with us. One of the popular and my favourite would be her almond cookies. I especially loved the crunch of the almonds. I have adapted the recipe she has shared with me to bake a batch of Chocolate Walnut Cookies.

I've used brown sugar and added chocolate chips (who doesn't like chocolates?! Lol!) to this recipe and replaced the almond with walnuts as I've run out of almond. The outcome....love, love, love!

Chocolate Walnut Cookies

Ingredients:
125g unsalted butter (I used SCS butter)
90g brown sugar
50g sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
180g self raising flour, sifted
160g chocolate chips
100g chopped walnut/almond (I used walnut as I've run out of almond)

Method:
1. Cream butter and sugar till creamy.

2. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix well.

3. Add flour, chocolate and chopped nuts into the creamed mixture and mix till incorporated.

4. Preheat oven at 180ºC.

5. Scoop spoonful of the cookie dough onto the cookie tray, leaving them about 1 inch apart and bake in oven for 15 minutes.

6. Remove from oven and cook on wire rack.

7. Store in air-tight container once completely cooled.

Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...