One of our must-haves when we go Subway is their Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. This is also my husband's favourite cookie.
I tried a few Oatmeal Raisin Cookies but this one from Precious Moments is my favourite so far. I chanced upon her recipe a few years back. Tried it, loved it! This is definitely a keeper!!
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
228g unsalted butter, room temp
100g castor sugar
220g light brown sugar
245g plain flour
175g rolled oats
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
1. Cream butter and sugars together till creamy.
2. Beat in the eggs and continue to beat till incorporated.
3. In a separate bowl, stir flour, oats, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon together.
4. Add raisins to the flour mixture.
5. Next add the flour mixture to the creamed butter and mix till well incorporated.
6. Let the dough rest overnight in the fridge.
7. Preheat oven at 180ºC.
8. Scoop dough with an ice cream scoop and place them 3 cm apart. Flatten with either a spoon or your palm. (I used a normal spoon and did not flatten)
9. Bake for 20 - 22 mins. Do not over bake to retain chewiness.
10. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.