I love nutella and I'm in the mood for something chocolatey nutty.
Inspired by Laura in The Kitchen's No Bake Nutella Cheesecake, I immediately have it bookmarked and adapted this wonderful recipe into a Nutella Cheese Tart.
It is TO-DIE-FOR...every mouthful is so awfully and sinfully chocolatey rich...I'm so in HEAVEN!
|This is another tart I did|
Nutella Cheese Tart (Non-baked)
adapted from Laura in the Kitchen
makes a 9" tart pan
For the Crust
1 1/4 cup Digestive biscuits
6 tbsp Unsalted Butter, at room temperature (85g)
2 tbsp Nutella
1/4 cup Sugar (I used only 3/4 of this)
1. In a food processor, add all the ingredients for the crust and whiz it up until everything is finely crushed and when you pinch the mixture together, it holds well.
2. Press the crushed mixture firmly with the help of the back of a spoon onto the base and the sides of a 9” tart pan. (Updated 10 Mar 2015: I greased the sides and bottom of the tart pan with melted butter before pressing it with the crushed mixture.)
3. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
For the Filling
250g Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
1/2 cup Confectioner Sugar (I used only 1/2 of this)
3/4 cup Nutella
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/8 cup Heavy Cream
4. In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add the cream cheese and nutella and mix it on medium speed for about 2 minutes.
5. Add the remaining ingredients and keep mixing it for another minute or so or until you have a smooth batter.
Assemble the Crust and the Filling
6. Pour the batter into the prepared crust pan. Cover the top of the pan and chill in the fridge overnight.
For the Topping (Chocoloate Ganache)
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
4 oz Chocolate Chips (113g)
1 tsp Butter, softened at room temperature
7. In a small saucepan, add the cream and bring it to a simmer.
8. Pour the cream in a bowl with the chocolate chips and let it sit for about 3 minutes.
9. Whisk it all together until the chocolate chips have melted, and whisk in the butter as well.
10. Set aside to cool down.
11. Pour the chocolate ganache over the nutella cheese tart.
12. Place it back in the fridge for at least an hour to set.
13. Remove from the tart pan, decorate as desired and serve chilled.
1. Before serving, you can also do some final touch up by topping the tart with some chopped hazelnuts and confectioner sugar, or some strawberries.
2. To get nice and clean slices, wipe your knife in between cutting each slice.