This rich and delectable butter cake was highly recommended by my friend Meng Choo. She has made many mouth-watering muffins using this butter cake as the base and incorporated all types of variations. It was such a pleasure to look at her creations!
The butter cake recipe is shared by Wendy in her blogpost Table for 2...or more here. This cake recipe is definitely a keeper! The cake is so soft and fluffy! My mom who is a butter cake lover tried it and she was all praise for this cake!
Mrs NgSK's Vanilla Butter Cake
makes a 8" square pan
230g salted butter, softened
200g eggs, no shell (I used 4 eggs)
50g + 150g sugar
200g self raising flour, sifted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven at 180ºC. Line the base and grease the sides of a 8" square pan (greasing helps the cake’s sides to rise well)
2. Separate the eggs, and place the whites into a medium sized bowl.
3. Beat egg whites until soft peaks. Gradually add 50g sugar and beat until stiff. Set aside.
4. Cream butter and 150g sugar until pale and fluffy.
5. Add vanilla extract and and beat for a while. Add in egg yolks one by one and beat well after each addition.
6. Add in half the flour and mix on low speed until incorporated. Add milk in 2 additions and mix until well incorporated. Mix in balance of flour.
7. Add half the beaten egg whites mix on low speed.
8. Fold in the balance of egg whites.
9. Pour batter into pan and level.
10. Bake for 45 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.