My friend has bought me a bottle of rum from his overseas trip. To thank him for his thoughtfullness, I decided to make some Rum Balls to share with him.
This is a really fun and easy dessert to make. As I've added rum, this is a For-Adult-Only-Pop-Into-The-Mouth dessert. If you are planning to let the kids have their share of this Pop-Into-The-Mouth dessert as well, just leave out the liquor. You can even get your kids to join in the fun in rolling and coating these delectable petit snacks. It's a great way to bond with the kids!
makes about 40
For the Rum Balls
150g gounded almond, toasted
125g finely crushed digestive biscuits
45g confectioners sugar
15g cocoa powder
2 tbspn honey
60 ml rum
1. Mix the finely crushed digestive biscuits and toasted grounded almond in a large bowl.
2. To this mixture, add confectioners sugar and cocoa powder and stir until combined.
3. Add the honey and rum and mix well.
4. Chill the batter and then shape into 2.5 cm balls.
Leave out the rum if intending to let kids eat this.
For the Coating
Ingredients that can be used:
Finely chopped nuts (walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds or pistachios)
Melted dark or white chocolate
1. Roll the rum balls in confectioners sugar, chocolate rice, finely chopped nuts, or cocoa powder.
2. If coating in melted chocolate, dip the balls in the melted chocolate one at a time. Make sure the entire ball is coated with the chocolate. Let the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl of melted chocolate, place the chocolate covered rum balls on a baking sheet. Chill in the fridge to set.
3. These rum balls can be stored in a airtight container in the fridge for a few weeks. (Mine was wiped out within a week!)
Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.