When life gives you lemons, what would you do? I turned it to yummy and heavenly snack by making a Double Chocolate Lemon Yogurt Cake!
This is a very rich chocolately cake with a tinge of lemon flavour and I love it to the max! I need to load myself with lots of water though in case my husky voice decides to make a huge comeback. Lol!
Double Chocolate Lemon Yogurt Cake
recipe from Ellena
makes 2 small loaf tins, 17cm x 8cm x 6cm
175g butter, unsalted at room temperature
200g sugar (I used 180g)
200g self raising flour
45g valrhona cocoa powder
100g chocolate chip
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Zest of 1 lemon
4 tbspn plain yogurt
1. Cream butter and sugar with mixer till creamy and pale. (about 3-4 minutes on medium speed)
2. Add in eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition. If necessary scrap mixture off the side of the mixing bowl and make sure everything is well beaten.
3. Fold in the mixture of sifted self-raising flour plus cocoa powder in 3 batches.
4. Next, add in lemon zest, juice, yogurt, chocolate chips and fold thoroughly till combined.
5. Divide batter equally into 2 loaf tins that are llined with greaseproof paper.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 180C for about 35 - 40 minutes or when skewer inserted comes out clean.
7. When the cake is done, remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
8. Transfer cake to cooling rack and cool completely before cutting it into serving slices.
I'm linking this post to the Best Recipes for Everyone, September Event : Chocolate Wonderland, hosted by XuanHom's Mom Kitchen Diary.
Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.