When I saw my friend Meng Choo's Facebook posting on Mochi Cheese Puffs, I had an instant urge to sink my teeth into one of those small little cheesy puffs!
I especially made a trip to Phoon Huat to get myself a small muffin pan to make these delectible snacks. The recipe here is a keeper and my girl loved the puffs to bits.
Do try this Brazilian snack especially if you are a mochi and cheese lover!
Mochi Cheese Puffs (Pão de Queijo)
makes about 15 puffs
1 large egg
1/3 cup olive oil (I used canola oil)
2/3 cup milk
170g tapioca starch
25g mozzarella cheese
25g cheddar cheese
50g parmesan cheese
1 - 2 tsp salt
Note: Do not be tempted to put in more cheese than stated. Too much cheese will render the puffs heavy and harden its texture.
1. Preheat oven at 200ºC.
2. Put all ingredients in a blender and give it a stir so that it is well combined. Blend at low speed till smooth. If you choose to pre-make this, the batter can be stored in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
3. Grease a mini muffin pan generously. If you use a silicone tray, leave this step out. Drop a spoonful of batter to the brim.
4. Bake for 20 min in the preheated oven, until puffy and golden brown.
5. Remove pan from oven and cool on wire rack.
6. Store in air tight container when completely cooled.
7. These 'babies' can keep up to 2 days in an air tight container at room temperature.
Tear it apart to see the cheese stretch. (Lol!)
Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.