Sunday 23 November 2014

Egg Tofu with Minced Pork & Shimeji Mushrooms


I want to thank Linda for sharing this healthy egg tofu and mushroom dish. I hardly prepare dishes for lunch and dinner. It's always quick & easy one-pot meals for me. I had some time this weekend so I decided to give this dish a try.
 
It's actually a simple dish to whip up. The only tedious and time consuming part was deep frying the egg tofu. I rarely deep fry food so this step was messier and took more time. Once this was done, the rest was really very easy to put together. My egg tofu was not as beautifully deep fried as those sold outside but the taste was just as great!


Hubby gave this a big thumbs up. Yeah!!


Egg Tofu with Minced Pork & Shimeji Mushrooms
recipe from Linda Lau
my notes in red (my adjusted quantity serves 2-3)

Ingredients:
2 tubes egg tofu, sliced (I used only 1 tube of egg tofu and coat the cut tofu with corn starch before deep frying)
200g minced pork, marinated with soya sauce, sesame oil and a dash of pepper (I used 100g minced pork)
1-2 packets shimeji mushroom (I used 1 packet)
10-15 pcs AAA pickled cai xin, chopped into smaller pcs (I don't have this and used chai por, soaked with water for half hour before draining off)
2-3 pcs garlic, finely chopped
1-2 tbspn oyster sauce (I used 1 tbspn)
1 bowl water
Spring onion, chopped (I omit)

Method:
1. Deep fry sliced egg tofu until golden brown. Set aside.
2. Heat some oil in a wok and sauté garlic till fragrant.
3. Stir in minced pork and mushroom. (I added the drained chai por here)
4. Add a bowl of water and oyster sauce.
5. Stir fry till cooked.  
6. Add in deep fried egg tofu and cai xin and give it a good stir.
7. Stir in spring onion.
8. Serve.




Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...