If you like chocolates, read on.
If you love pecans, Hi 5!
If you love cookies, you are at the right place.
You will not be disappointed.
I bought a pack of pecans the other day and decided to bake some cookies with it. Not any ordinary cookies. A Double Chocolate Pecan Cookies! Now, what's there not to love?
I find that pecan has a very unique buttery flavour and adding this to a chocolate cookie just lifts this snack to another level. Simply love the aroma in my kitchen now!!
Double Chocolate Pecan Cookies
makes 50 cookies
120g unsalted butter, at room temperature
145g brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
160g plain flour
10g corn flour
10g unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
200g chocolate chips
125g pecan, roughly chopped
1. Sieve plain flour, corn flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. Mix in salt and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar till pale and fluffy.
3. Beat in egg and mix till well incorporated.
4. Add in flour mixture and mix well with a metal spoon.
6. Spoon big teaspoons full of cookie dough and place onto a lined baking tray, with cookies about 4cm apart.
7. Flatten the cookies slightly and bake in preheated oven at 180C for 15 minutes.
8. Cool on wire rack completely before storing in air tight container.
I'm linking this post to the Best Recipes for Everyone, September Event : Chocolate Wonderland, hosted by XuanHom's Mom Kitchen Diary.
Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.