Banana Nut Brownie : This is a super rich indulgence. Banana + Nuts + Chocolate...an ultimate combination!
I've a bunch of ripened bananas at home and I'm craving for something chocolatey. So here's to an ultimate snack that I've put together - Banana Nut Brownie!
Banana Nut Brownies
makes a 7" square pan
120g butter, unsalted
180g brown sugar
130g dark chocolate
80g chopped nuts (I used walnut)
200g ripened bananas, mashed
70g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbspn cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Sieve flour, baking powder and cocoa powder together. Mix in salt and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, melt butter and chocolate. Add in sugar and stir until well mixed.
3. Remove from heat and stir in mashed banana, egg and chopped nuts. Mix well.
4. Add in the flour mixture into the batter and mix till combined.
5. Pour mixture into a lined 7" square pan and bake in preheated oven at 180C for 20 - 25 minutes, or until skewer inserted comes out clean.
6. When the brownie is done, remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan.
7. Cool completely before cutting it into serving slices.
I'm linking this post to the Best Recipes for Everyone, September Event : Chocolate Wonderland, hosted by XuanHom's Mom Kitchen Diary.
Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.