This is another icy cold dessert made using fresh fruits and Chobani Yogurt. Instead of the usual popsicle molds or ice cream tubs, I've made them into small ice cream cupcakes! These will surly be a hit during this festive season!
These ice cream cupcakes are made with Chobani Greek yogurt, fresh strawberries and bananas. Sounds healthy? Wait....it's also high in protein, low in calories yet great in taste! Use vanilla greek yogurt if you have but as I only have plain yogurt in the fridge, I added some honey.
I'm eating these one after another without guilt!! :)
Frozen Strawberry Banana Yogurt Cupcakes
21 tbspn Chobani plain Greek yogurt (Use vanilla greek yogurt if you have, then you can omit the honey if you want)
2 tbspn honey (to taste)
1 punnet strawberries (about 8-10)
1 large banana
some chocolate chips
1. In a bowl, mix the honey into the greek yogurt.
2. Place small cupcake liners onto a tray. Scoop about 1 1/2 tbspn of greek yogurt into the cupcake liners.
3. Puree the strawberries and banana.
4. Scoop the strawberry-banana puree into each cup so that it covers the yogurt layer. Scoop in more puree if desired.
5. Add a spoonful of yogurt to each cup on top of the puree layer.
6. Sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top of the yogurt.
7. Place the tray in the freezer for at least 2 hours. (I left mine overnight)
8. Remove from freezer and let it thaw for about 10 minutes before eating.
- The above ingredients makes 8 small ice cream cupcakes. You may have different amounts depending on the size of your cupcake liners.
- The proportion of yogurt vs strawberry-banana puree used is up to individual preference.
Chobani Yogurt is available at Cold Storage, NTUC Finest and FairPrice Xtra.
Disclaimer : This is not a paid post. LY's Kitchen Ventures is given some Chobani Yogurt to sample and try out recipes.