I'm sharing a pound cake recipe using greek yogurt. I have used Chobani Greek yogurt given by Julie of Frosts Food & Beverage. So far I've used Chobani yogurt in other desserts and you can find the recipe here.
Jule has used Chobani Greek yogurt in her bakes and cooking and shared with me how amazing the results has been. One of the bakes she shared with me is this Pound Cake using Chobani Greek yogurt. A normal traditional pound cake recipe would have used around 375g of butter, self raising flour, sugar, eggs. With the addition of Chobani Greek yogurt, the butter has been greatly reduced and of course, the sugar amount has also been reduced to suit individual's preference and taste buds. For this recipe, even though the amount of butter used was cut back, the softness and moistness of the cake was not compromised (in fact, moistness is enhanced!!) due to the addition of greek yogurt. I've used her recipe to make a Greek Yogurt Nutella Swirl Pound Cake since I'm a nutella lover.
I'm loving how the cake has turned out. Much guilt has been reduced due to the cut back of butter and also the fact that Chobani Greek yogurt that I used has only less than 2% fat!
How great is that?!!
It's simply amazing!!
Greek Yogurt Nutella Swirl Pound Cake
makes 2 (8" x 3.5" x 3") loaf tins
recipe adapted from Julie
375g eggs (measure the weight of eggs without shell. I used about 7 medium sized eggs)
225g unsalted butter, room temperature (reduced from 375g butter)
300g light brown sugar (reduced. Normal pound cake used 375g if eggs weigh 375g)
1/2 tsp salt
375g self raising flour
200g Chobani plain Greek yogurt (about 1 cup)
100ml fresh milk (can use skim milk also)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Line loaf tins with baking paper. Set aside.
3. Sieve flour. Set aside.
4. Mix Greek yogurt and milk together. Mix in vanilla extract. Set aside.
5. On low speed, cream butter and sugar till pale and fluffy.
6. Beat in eggs, one at a time on low to medium speed. Ensure egg is well mixed before adding in the next one.
7. Add in the yogurt-milk mixture and half the sieved flour and mix with thorough bold strokes with a spatula.
8. Then fold in the rest of the flour. Do not over stir stir.
9. Pour batter into the lined loaf tin till half way. Scoop and spread spoonfuls of nutella onto the cake batter.
10. Use a skewer to swirl the nutella into the batter.
11. Then pour in the rest of the batter. Scoop more nutella onto the batter.
12. Use a skewer to swirl the nutella into the batter again.
13. Bake in preheated oven at 160C for 40 minutes. (I baked mine at 160C at 35 minutes, then at 180C for another 8 minutes.)
14. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
Chobani Yogurt is available at Cold Storage, NTUC Finest and FairPrice Xtra.
Disclaimer : This is not a paid post. LY's Kitchen Ventures is given some Chobani Yogurt to sample and try out recipes.
This post is linked to Cook and Celebrate Christmas 2015 Organized by Yen from GoodyFoodies, Diana from The Domestic Goddess Wannabe and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids.
Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.
More Nutella again? I can imagine you flexing your arm when you hear the word, Nutella!!! LOL! This yogurt Nutella pound cake looks very moist and delicious :D