Wednesday 9 December 2015

Nutella Crisp


This post brings me much joy as I reminiscence one of my favourite childhood snacks that my mom would let me indulge in once in a while.

I was doing some grocery shopping when I saw this box of choco crisp along the Japanese snacks isle.


I recalled my mom used to buy this once in a while when I was very much younger. I immediately made a mental note to try making this for the coming Christmas season.

I did just that with only 2 ingredients! But instead of using melted chocolate to coat the crispy golden corn flakes, I used nutella! I also used the very pretty mould that I bought online. 


This is a super easy snack to put together. I'm eating it to my hearts' content after it has been chilled and set in the fridge. It's a little messy though as the nutella tends to melt easily in this hot weather. So either refrigerate it longer or perhaps I'll try with melted chocolate next time to see if it is as messy. Meanwhile, this is enough to make me happy as I enjoy my walk down memory lane during this Christmas season....

 
Nutella Crisp

Ingredients:
50g corn flakes (measured based on the corn flakes needed for my mould)
5-6 tbspn nutella (or as much as you need to coat all the corn flakes)


Method: 
1. Mix the corn flakes and nutella in a big bowl till corn flakes are well coated with the nutella.


2. Scoop the nutella coated corn flakes into the mould.


3. Place in the refrigerator for at least a day or two to set.


4. Enjoy!






This post is linked to Cook and Celebrate Christmas 2015 Organized by Yen from GoodyFoodies, Diana from The Domestic Goddess Wannabe and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids.


Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.

1 comment:

  1. Hi LY, the nutella gal :D

    You are very creative with ideas to transform a jar of Nutella to something always so extra yummy :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...