Bookmarked this when I first saw it on youtube by Ochikeron and planned to trick by hubby with this during this festive Christmas period. I'm sure he'll be taken in thinking I've poured him a glass of beer!
This refreshing and yummy dessert is really very quick and simple to prepare and requires only 2 ingredients!
I totally enjoyed the process of making the jelly, the thrill in seeing my hubby's expression when I served my girl this cup of 'beer', the fun in tricking my hubby and then seeing his amused expression upon learning it's not beer but apple jelly and most importantly, the joy of eating this cool and refreshingly yummy dessert!
Christmas is coming! Come, let get drunk!!
Beer-Like Apple Juice Jelly
500ml apple juice, room temperature
10g gelatin powder
1. Scoop 3 tbspn of apple juice into a large microwave bowl. Cover and microwave for 30 seconds. Add gelatin powder and mix well until well dissolved.
2. Add in the rest of the apple juice, stirring constantly while adding.
4. Using a hand whisk, whisk the apple juice slowly for about 6 minutes till it starts to foam.
5. Remove the bowl from the ice water. Continue to whisk the apple juice quickly for 30 seconds or more to make more foam.
7. Chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours to set before serving.
This post is linked to Cook and Celebrate (Christmas 2014) organised by Yen from Eat your heart out, Diana from Domestic Goddess Wannabe and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids.
I am also submitting this post to "My Treasured Recipes #4 - Ho Ho Ho It's Christmas (Dec 2014)" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House.
Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.