I was so excited when I saw some purple sweet potato at the supermarket. This is not commonly found unlike the orange-colored sweet potato. Without any hesitation, I bought some home.
I put this to good use by making a small batch of Purple Sweet Potato Muah Chee to satisfy my craving for my favourite local snack. Of course, what you find at the local fare is the original flavour. You can hardly find the purple sweet potato variation. I like the subtle unique aroma of purple sweet potato in this muah chee. Find it rather special and love the colour too!
Purple Sweet Potato Muah Chee (紫薯麻糍)
60g glutinous rice flour
25g purple sweet potato, steamed and mashed
1 tbspn peanut oil
For the coating
50g grounded peanut
2 tspn white sesame seed, toasted
1. Mix the ingredients for coating in a big plate and set aside.
2. Remove purple sweet potato skin. Steam purple sweet potato for about 15 minutes or until sweet potato becomes soft. Pour away excess water and mash sweet potato with a fork while still hot. Weigh out 25g of the mashed purple sweet potato.
3. Mix glutinous rice flour, oil, water and mashed purple sweet potato in a covered Pyrex or any microwavable container and microwave on high for 4 1/2 mins.
4. Transfer the cooked purple sweet potato muah chee onto the plate of peanut-sugar mixture.
6. Coat well and serve immediately.
Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.