My girl's friend came over to our place for a playdate and I baked these bite-sized mini cheese bread for their snack.
The kids took an instant liking to the cheese bread and they were so addictive that more than half was devoured in no time.
Mini Cheese Bread
150g greek yogurt
1 tsp honey
240g bread flour
1/2 tsp instant yeast
1/4 tsp salt
20g parmesan cheese powder
30g unsalted butter
1. Place all ingredients into the pan except butter based on the sequence listed above or by following your breadmaker manufacturers' instructions regarding the order of liquid/dry ingredients.
(I'm using Zojirushi breadmaker. I placed all the wet ingredients first, followed by the dry ingredients. Make a dent at the centre of the flour and pour the yeast in the dent last, making sure the yeast does not touch the liquid, sugar and salt.)
2. Make the selection for 'Pasta Dough' setting on your breadmaker.
(For my Zojirushi breadmaker, I chose the 'Cookie/Pasta Dough')
3. Press start and the machine will start kneading the dough. The machine will beep after a few minutes. Press start to continue kneading.
4. After the machine has finished its course of kneading under 'Pasta Dough' setting, make the selection for 'Dough' setting.
5. Press start and the machine will start kneading the dough after resting for 15 minutes. Add in the butter during this resting stage.
7. When the bread dough is proofed, the machine will beep to signal the end of the 'Dough' function. Remove dough from the pan, punch it down and let it rest for 5 minutes.
8. Flatten dough into a 1cm thick rectangle.
9. Cut out into 2cm x 2cm small cubes and place dough cubes onto a lined baking tray, leaving some space in between to allow for expansion.
10. Spray the dough cubes with water and let it proof for around 50 minutes or until double in size.
11. Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.