Sunday 23 October 2016

Salted Caramel Sauce


Salted caramel....they seem to be everywhere....and anything that has this luscious, smooth, buttery, sweet and salty ingredient incorporated is just simply heavenly awesome! 

This has been in my to-do list for the longest time. Glad that I've finally set aside some time to make this homemade salted caramel sauce. This will definitely be perfect to be used to make a host of other salted caramel desserts. 

I can't fully describe the sense of warmth, peace and calm when I take in the aroma in my kitchen while making this sauce. I've been so busy and stressed recently that I've hardly had time to whip up anything in my kitchen and I'm feeling so depressed. 


The aroma is then greeted by the indescribable heavenly rich, sweet and salty taste. 
I'm a happy woman now...




Salted Caramel Sauce

Ingredients:
60ml water
250g sugar
120ml heavy cream
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
25g unsalted butter

Method:
1. Mix cream, salt and vanilla extract together. Set aside.


2. In a big non-stick pot, add water and sugar. 


3. Turn heat on medium high and let boil till it turns amber. (takes around 10 minutes)
Do not stir but you can swirl the pot.



3. Add in butter. Be careful as it will foam and bubble vigorously. Stir well.



4. Remove from heat and add the cream mixture. Stir till well incorporated.



5. Pour into glass bottle and let cool. (Do not attempt to taste until it is fully cooled as it is very hot)




Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    May I know how much Butter to use? Butter is not listed in your ingredients list. thank you.

    Regards,
    Lorrine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorrine,

      Thanks for highlighting. I used 25g unsalted butter. Have updated the recipe as well. Thanks.

      Delete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...