Wednesday 15 July 2015

Purple Sweet Potato with Black Glutinous Rice Soup (紫薯黑糯甜汤)


I was craving for this delicious and nutritious dessert from a vegetarian stall that I frequent often. I went to the supermarket and was elated when I managed to find the main ingredients to make this for myself and my family in order to satisfy my cravings.


 
It was a fun 'experimenting' and gauging the proportions and I'm a happy woman at the end of it!



Purple Sweet Potato with Black Glutinous Rice Soup (紫薯黑糯甜汤)

Ingredients:
100g black glutinous rice, washed and soaked overnight to soften
5 cups water
450g purple sweet potato, peeled and cut into smaller chunks
120g brown sugar (to taste)
4 pandan leaves, washed and knotted

Method:
1. Put the black glutinous rice and knotted pandan leaves into a pot and add in 6 cups of water. (6 cups water include the water that was used to soak the rice overnight)


2. Bring to boil let it simmer while stirring once in a while. 

3. After about 15 minutes, add in the purple sweet potatoes and continue to cook until the sweet potatoes are soft and the glutinous rice and cooked and looks soft and plump.



4. Stir in the brown sugar.


5. Turn off the heat when the sugar has melted.

6. Enjoy!





Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...