Monday 20 July 2015

Matcha Red Bean Beancurd


I was craving for chilled beancurd and decided to give myself a treat by adding these 2 wonderful ingredients - matcha and red beans.

These 2 paired really well together and enjoying this chilled Matcha Red Bean Beancurd on a warm night is such an enjoyment!


Matcha Red Bean Beancurd

Ingredients:
500ml Vitasoy (or Yeo's Soya Milk)
1 1/2 tsp matcha powder
20g creamer (I used Nestle coffee creamer)
10g instant jelly powder

Cooked red beans (I used store bought red beans)


Method:
1. Heat the soya milk over low heat till it is hot. DO NOT BOIL.

2. Stir in matcha powder and coffee creamer till it is fully dissolved.


3. Stir in instant jelly powder till it is fully dissolved.

4. Sieve into container and remove any bubbles with a spoon.


5. Allow to cool down for 5 minutes


6. Put in fridge overnight to set. 

7. When ready to serve, scoop a spoonful of red beans onto the matcha beancurd.


8. Enjoy!
  





littlethumbups1-1

This post is linked to – Little Thumbs Up July 2015 (Tea) – organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen from My Little Favourite DIY, and hosted by Cheryl from Baking Taitai.


Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.

12 comments:

  1. Can sub milk powder for creamer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynn,
      Sorry I've not tried substituting creamer with other ingredients so I'm not able to advise.

      Delete
  2. HI LY, I love this cool dessert and matcha is my favourite!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi LY,

    Your homemade tau fu fa with green tea and red beans looks very refreshing to eat in Singapore hot and humid weather. Delicious!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi LY,
    Two of my favourite things-Red Bean and Beancurd. Unfortunately my family esp grandkids refuse any food with Matcha in it, but I Love it!
    Is there any substitute for matcha, any other flavouring you can suggest please?
    Its no point making such a tasty desert if no one will touch it isn't it?
    Please do suggest an alternative,
    Thanks in advance Mrs Singh, Ipoh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs Singh, you can use different flavoured soya milk to make the beancurd, like chocolate, melon, bandung, black soya, etc. You can refer to http://lykitchenventure.blogspot.sg/2014/06/chilled-beancurd.html

      Hope this helps. :)

      Delete
  5. Great idea to add matcha to the beancurd and top it off with some azuki beans! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi LY,
    I am back again with another query.
    The jelly powder that you used in your recipes - is it the same as agar-agar powder that we get in packets like Red Rose Brand?
    I am confused as you said you have a jar of the jelly powder. Is it another type of setting agent..please do advise.
    As you can read I am quite keen to make it, so any clarification would really help.
    Thanks once again, Mrs Singh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs Singh, for my chilled beancurd recipes I used instant jelly powder. It's different from agar agar powder. I bought in from Phoon Huat in Singapore.

      Delete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...