I've been making a fair bit of pumpkin related dishes and snacks this month. This is another dessert I've tried...Pumpkin Beancurd that uses agar agar powder instead of the instant jelly powder I usually use to make Chilled Beancurd.
Pumpkin Beancurd (南瓜豆花)
Recipe translated and adapted from Butter.Flour & me
750g soya milk
100g mashed pumpkin meat
5g agar agar powder
1. Put the mashed pumpkin and a cup of soya milk from the 750g soya milk in a blender and give it a blitz till well combined.
2. In a pot, pour the balance soya milk and stir in the agar agar powder.
3. Stir in the blended soya pumpkin mixture and put on medium heat till soya mixture starts to bubble. Do note to keep stirring all these while.
4. Pour mixture through a strainer and sieve out the bubbles.
5. Scoop into container and allow to cool down for 5 minutes
6. Put in fridge overnight to set. Enjoy!
I am submitting this post to Little Thumbs Up October Event: Pumpkin, hosted by Eileen of Eileen’s Diary and organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Mui Mui of My Little Favourite DIY
"My Treasured Recipes #3 - Taste of Autumn (Oct/Nov 2014)" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House.
Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.