Coffee lovers be warned!! These Coffee Bean Cookies are packed with to-die-for coffee aroma and are not only adorable to look at, but also a great accompaniment to your coffee break.
I've had this in my to-do list for the longest time. I am glad I finally found time to do this and regretted not making this earlier. This would have been so well received by my coffee loving friends during the last Christmas celebration. No fret, it's better late than never. They will be sure to love these this time round!
Coffee Bean Cookies
makes 280 small cookies
recipe adapted from here
100g plain flour
80g potato starch
3g coffee powder
10g cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
110g unsalted butter, room temperature
50g icing sugar
1. Sieve together flour and potato starch. Add in coffee powder, cocoa powder and salt and mix well. Set aside.
2. Beat butter and icing sugar until.soft and smooth. Do not over beat or the cookies will spread too much.
3. Add in flour mixture and mix to form a smooth dough.
4. Divide dough into small balls of 1/2 cm each. Roll balls into an oval and place on a line baking tray.
5. Using a toothpick, make a slit on the oval balls.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 160C for about 20 minutes.
7. Let cool on wire rack and store in airtight container once completely cool.
Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.