I learnt this easy one-pot dish from MediaCorp's Channel 8 variety show "What's In the Fridge - Ep 5" recently. This is another easy and fuss-free one-pot dish that I so love, and I'm sure many busy mothers will love as well.
This is one dish that goes well with a bowl of steaming hot rice, and has received good reviews and thumbs up from my family.
You have to try it to believe it.
Soy bean paste (I used 6 tbspn)
600g chicken (I used mid joint wing and drumsticks)
some water (I added till about to cover the chicken)
15 quail eggs, cooked and de-shelled
8 button mushrooms, stub removed (I used mini portobello mushroom)3 bulbs of garlic, skin removed
1 red bell pepper, cut into smaller cubes (can also use green or yellow bell pepper)
some sugar (to taste)
1. In a non-stick pot, add in the soy bean paste. Turn heat on.
2. Add in chicken and stir to give it a good mix.
3. Cover lid and let chicken cook till half cooked. Add water and give a good stir.
4. Add garlic bulbs and mushroom. Cover lid and let it simmer till chicken is cooked.
5. Add quail eggs and mix well. Do a taste test and add sugar if desired.
6. Add red bell pepper and give a good stir.
7. Best served with a bowl of rice.
Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.