Banana and nuts are one of the perfect match when it comes to cakes. I baked a batch of Banana Walnut Cake using Chobani's greek yogurt that has less than 0.5% fat and Medella's Organic Premium Coconut Cooking Oil over the weekend and it was well received by the family.
This cake is moist due to the use of greek yogurt. Many would also wonder if the use of Medella's Organic Premium Coconut Cooking Oil will leave the cake with an unpleasant coconut smell. The answer is NO.
Banana Walnut Cake
makes a 7" round cake
185g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
50g brown sugar
3 1/2 ripe bananas (about 250g), mashed
100g oil (I used Medella's Organic Premium Coconut Cooking Oil)
40g plain greek yogurt (I used Chobani's greek yogurt)
1 tsp vanilla extract
50g walnut, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180C and line base of the cake tin with baking paper. (I use a removable base pan)
2. Sieve together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, mix oil, greek yogurt and vanilla extract together. Set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, beat sugars and eggs with the electric mixer on medium speed till mixed. Then add mashed bananas and continue to beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
5. Add in the sifted flour mixture and give it a quick mix using the electric mixer on low speed.
6. Add in the greek yogurt-oil mixture and continue to mix on low speed till just combined.
7. Pour batter into prepared cake tin.
8. Sprinkle the chopped walnuts over the batter.
9. Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 40 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
10. Remove from oven and let cool in the cake tin on the wire rack.
Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.