We ran out of bread and I have half a bottle of peanut butter left. So I baked a small batch of Peanut Butter Muffins for our breakfast.
'Tis the beauty of home-baked...you can always enjoy anything fresh out of the oven, anytime!
Peanut Butter Muffin
makes 5 small muffins
50g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
30g brown sugar
25g canola oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
50g peanut butter
1. Sieve cake flour and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In a big bowl, lightly whisk the egg and sugar by hand till well mixed.
3. Add oil, milk and peanut butter and continue to mix until well combined and smooth. Mix in vanilla extract.
4. Fold in sifted flour mixture with a spatula. (Do not overmix)
5. Scoop batter into muffin cups till 3/4 full.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and let the muffins stand in the tray for about 5-10 minutes.
8. Remove from tray and place on a wire rack to cool.