The weather of late has been punishing - super hot and humid. I am perspiring even just sitting down doing nothing!!
I've been cooling down by drinking ice water and popping ice cubes. Then it struck me that I haven't been making popsicles in a while...and I thought...why not make some popsicles for the family to cool down and to enjoy?!
I 'ransacked' my refrigerator and found some ingredients for the popsicle-making session. I also made good use of the coconut oreo cookies and yogurt I just bought. So here's presenting my new creation : Coconut Oreo Cream Popsicle!
It's really super easy to make and it's THUMBS UP from the whole family!!
Coconut Oreo Cream Popsicle
makes 8 popsicles
1 pack of oreo cookies (I used Coconut Delight)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup dairy whipping cream
2 tbspn yogurt (I used Meiji yogurt with aloe vera, but any plain yogurt will do)
1 tbspn sugar
1. Mix milk, whipping cream, yogurt and sugar together. Stir till well combined. Set aside.
3. Add 1 whole oreo cookie into each popsicle mold.
4. Pour the cream mixture evenly among the molds.
5. Cover with lid and chill in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
6. When ready to serve, run the sides of the popsicle molds under running tap water (or did the mold into room temperature water fir a few seconds) and then pull each popsicle out gently.
Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.