Sunday 1 March 2015

Quick & Easy Fried Bee Thye Mak


My daily schedule has been even more hectic since my girl started primary school. As she needs to wake up early, everything at night has to be done and completed earlier...dinner, homework, chit chat time, getting to bed. Hence on days that I want to cook, it will always be quick and easy one-pot meals like this - Fried Bee Thye Mak.


It's really fast and simple to whip this up. As I'm pressed for time to finish dinner early, I will make the preparations like washing and slicing the ingredients in the morning first before I go to work. When I reach home after work, it's just taking these ingredients out from the refrigerator and putting them into the pan to cook..and dinner will be ready in a jiffy.

I bought a packet of bee thye mak from the supermarket. I had intended to cook a soupy version but changed my mind and fried it instead. I didn't have any greens in my fridge so settled only for bean sprouts, fried tau kwa, fish cake, lup cheong (chinese sausages) and eggs to go with my bee thye mak.



It's like fried kway teow, only that I used a different noodle. I think it will taste even better if I had some lard oil and crispy fried lard cubes. Lol!!



Fried Bee Thye Mak
serves 3-4

Ingredients:
1 packet bee thye mak (400g)
6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 fish cake, thinly sliced
1 lup cheong, sliced thinly
1/2 packet tau kwa, sliced or cubed
100g bean sprouts, washed and drained
3 stalks chinese chives or koo chye, chopped into 1-2 inches (I omitted)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tbspn oil
2 tbspn dark soy sauce
3-4 tbspn sweet sauce
1 1/2 tsp fish sauce (鱼露) 
Sambal chilli (I omitted)

Method:
1. Heat oil in a pot/wok. Add in garlic and stir fry till fragrant.


2. Stir in bee thye mak, sliced fish cake, sliced lup cheong and tau kwa. 

3. Add in the dark soy sauce, fish sauce, sambal chilli and sweet sauce and stir fry over high heat till all are well mixed.

4. Add bean sprouts and chives and stir fry quickly to give it a good mix.


5. Pour in beaten egg and give it a good stir till egg is dry and well mixed.


6. Serve hot.




Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.

4 comments:

  1. I like quick n easy meal in such a hectic Iife。。𠆢。𠆢

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummmm!!! i love mee tai mak since young! its sad i can't get this very local delicacy in beijing.. can only drool at yours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi LY, I seldom cook stir-fry bee tai mak as usually the soupy meal. This looks good & delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...