Tuesday 22 June 2021

Nestum Cookies

 


A fellow shopper at Phoon Huat told me told me about the Nestum Cookies she baked and even shared with me her recipe sometime back. I hadn't gone to baking a batch myself because I did not write down the recipe then. Recently several bakers shared their Nestum Cookies bakes and I didn't hesitate to buy a packet of Nestum cereal as I know it it time to try out a batch myself. 


I will definitely be adding this to my daily snacks and Lunar New Year goodies collection!



Nestum Cookies
recipe adapted from Cassandra Xu 

Ingredients:
230g unsalted butter, softened
165g sugar
2 eggs (60g each)
1 tsp vanilla extract
120g self raising flour
200g Nestum cereal

Method:

1. Sieve self raising flour. Set aside.

2. Beat butter and sugar till creamy.



3. Add in vanilla extract and eggs one at a time, mixing well with every addition. 






4. Mix in sifted self raising flour. (Do not overmix)



5. Add Nestum cereal and mix till incorporated. 

6. Using a teaspoon measuring spoon, scoop teaspoon balls of cookie dough and place onto a lined baking tray. Flatten each cookie dough ball to 1 cm thickness and ensure there is 2 cm spacing between the cookie dough as the cookies will expand during baking. 



7. Bake in preheated oven at 170C for about 20 minutes or till golden brown.



8. Remove from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack before storing in an air tight container.





Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...