Sunday 24 May 2020

Chilled Soya Tarts (packet soya and instant jelly powder)...Part 1


My friend passed me some soya tarts previously bought from a famous shop along Middle Road that sells fabulous soya tarts and pineapple tarts. The soya tarts were delicious!


Missing those soya tarts now and this gives me motivation to make a batch of soya tarts myself. There are a few versions I'm trying out and this particular one uses store-bought packet soya milk and instant jelly powder for the soya filling. I upped the instant jelly powder a little to get a more 'solid' filling texture. My girl loved it while my hubby commented it's like 'Lao Ban dou hua' in a tart and he preferred the beancurd on its own as it's so refreshingly good in this hot weather.


For me, I will only share the verdict after I've posted all the different versions experimented. So, stay tuned!


Chilled Soya Tarts (packet soya and instant jelly powder)
makes 7

Ingredients:
For the Tart Pastry (recipe adapted from Ms Tam Chiak)

150g plain flour
1 tbspn (12g) custard powder
1 tbspn (12g) milk powder
10g sugar
100g unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
1/2 egg, lightly beaten

For the Soya Filling (recipe adapted from here)
250ml soya milk (I used Vitasoy)
10g creamer
10g instant jelly powder

Method:
For the Tart Pastry
1. Combine flour, sugar, custard powder and milk powder together and give it a good mix.



2. Rub in the cold butter. (I used a k-beater to mix)



3. Add beaten egg and mix to form a soft dough.



4. Wrap dough with cling wrap and chill overnight before use. (I placed in plastic bag and roll out to 5mm thick before putting into the fridge to chill overnight)


5. When ready to use, roll pastry dough about 5mm thickness and use a round cutter to cut out a round shape. Place the cut round dough into the tart mould. Trim off excess dough around the edges.





6. Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 20 minutes.

7. Remove from oven and let cool before unmoulding. 



8. Keep it the fridge before ready to use.


For the Soya Filling
1.Heat soya milk over low heat till hot. Do not boil.


2. Stir in creamer till fully dissolved..


3. Stir in instant jelly powder till fully dissolved.




Assembly
1. Pour the soya mixture into the prepared tart pastry till 90% full.


2. Allow to cool before chilling overnight in the fridge to set.

3. Enjoy!



Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...