Friday 13 July 2018

Kaya Pancake


After making a batch of Homemade Kaya, I made use of this jam spread on my usual Peanut Pancake recipe and ended up with Kaya Pancake for breakfast.



This trial has brought mixed reactions from my family. Though my hubby was alright with this kaya pancake, he still prefers the traditional peanut pancake. On the other hand, my daughter prefers this kaya pancake and even gave me a Thumbs Up!

So I gathered kaya lovers will like this variation of pancake...:)



Kaya Pancake
serves 4

Ingredients:
For the pancake
130g plain flour
1 egg
160ml water
25g sugar
1/2 tsp  yeast
1/2 tsp  bicarbonate of soda

For the kaya fillings
Store bought or homemade 
(Refer here or here for homemade kaya)

Method:
1. Mix together and leave aside for at least 45-60mins (See that the mixture is bubbling. Allow to proof longer for best results)






2. Lightly grease non-stick pan and pour in the batter to cook.



3. Cook on low heat for 6-8mins.

4. Remove from pan, spread some kaya fillings onto the pancake. 






5. Fold into half, slice and serve.





Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...